VILLA NACHINI CABASSI
The Villa was built in 1720 – as can still be seen inscribed on the doorway – by Giorgio Antonio Pozzi from Cividale, who rebuilt it from earlier rustic buildings dating back to 1550. Completed in 1729, the Villa underwent further renovations when it passed into the hands of Petar Nakić, who became known as Pietro Nachini – hence the Villa’s name The Cabassi family were the last owners of the Villa. It was further enlarged and completed with its Venetian layout.
The Villa became the property of the Municipality of Corno di Rosazzo in 2010.
The decision was made to undertake a series of restoration works. With the vision of transforming Villa Nachini Cabassi into more than just a renovated building, but into a living and functional space, architect Paolo Coretti carried out the work by respecting its history on the one hand, and on the other transforming the Villa into an exhibition and commercial space offering elegant rooms for dinners, conferences, shows, conventions and weddings.
Housing the Corno di Rosazzo Tourist Office, the Consorzio Friuli Colli Orientali Ramandolo [The Friuli Colli Orientali Ramandolo Consortium], the Gruppo Viticultori [Colli Orientali Viticulturist Group] shop, the wine bar – restaurant and other spaces available for events. Villa Nachini Cabassi – the beating heart of the Colli Orientali – a place where history, art and culture combine to promote the region, creating synergies between business, food and wine, artisinal products and culture.
The Villa can be visited during the Infopoint’s opening hours: the staff will be happy to show you the main rooms!